Determined to uncover the highest quality insulation solution available, thermal comfort expert, Maurice Beinat inspected thousands of Australian homes. What he discovered will change your mind about insulation forever.
Maurice’s search for the best quality insulation began when he dedicated himself to making his own home as efficient to heat and cool as possible; a project that opened up a world of testing, reviewing and, in many cases, redesigning what the market had to offer. Maurice was shocked to find that while most homes had nothing protecting them from below at all, the homes that did were hardly doing any better.
He visited thousands of homes to compare every underfloor insulation option there is; fibreglass batts, foam boards, reflective foils, you name it, he’s seen it. And he’s seen it at its worst.
“Using high quality insulation and a securing method that will hold that material firmly against the floorboards is key. Poor quality insulation solutions can’t be effective no matter how hard you try. What you use and how you install it both count in equal measures. That’s why I’ll only ever use polyester.” – Maurice Beinat
ecoMaster uses the best polyester insulation available in Australia. Made to the highest industry specification, by the best manufacturer. It is unique.
ecoMaster uses the best polyester insulation manufacturers available in Australia. Made to the highest industry specification, by the best manufacturers.
• R2.5 polyester insulation
• 450 mm wide
• 10 m long
• 140 mm loft
Purchased in packs:
• Contains 3 rolls
• Coverage 13.5 m²
• Weighs 24 kgs
• 1350mm (height) x 700mm (diameter)
• Rated at R2.5 – it is 25% better than R2.0 you get a warmer floor in winter and keep your air conditioning longer in summer
• 450mm wide – allows you a bit more “wiggle room” when installing. Your joists are 430mm wide, so the extra 20mm will make sure you can staple it easily into place
• 10 metre rolls – are much easier to handle under a floor than hundreds of batts. This means a much faster install time with fewer joins
• 140mm loft – this insulation will fill the space from floor board to the bottom of the joist – no chance for rodents to make their bed under your floor – and it will keep you even more cosy
• 24kg per pack – a fantastically dense product. This is a heavy weight product – all the better to keep you and your family cosy all winter long.
Polyester insulation is thick and robust, holding its loft (thickness) for the lifetime of your home. We don’t vacuum pack our insulation, ensuring it arrives at your home at 100% loft for best thermal performance and ease of installation.
Polyester underfloor insulation is the most durable insulation available. It doesn’t appeal to rodents, is unaffected by moisture and is the only material that can be secured with staples. This material will stand the test of time.
Our underfloor insulation is a 45% recycled, heat-bonded polyester, which means it doesn’t have loose fibres that can be inhaled or irritate the skin. It’s so safe that our bedding is made of the same material!